On 28 January 2012 01:06, Michele Comitini <michele.comit...@gmail.com>wrote:

> About db bottlenecks:
>
> I think that using executesql gives a performance gain of 2 orders of
> magnitude over DAL on datasets with more than 1000 records.  The DAL
> is a huge bottleneck if used inappropriately.

I agree. I often find it easier to use executesql - many times just because
formulating a complex query for me  is not that easy using DAL.  Also DAL
cannot handle all the query types that one can do in Postgresql.

It is a pity that SQLFORM.grid seems to depend on DAL queries.   The
drawback is that one cannot use it in direct combination with executesql -
or can one?  I would like to know whether this is possible.

Regards
Johann

--
Because experiencing your loyal love is better than life itself,
my lips will praise you.  (Psalm 63:3)