On Tuesday, February 7, 2012 11:32:21 AM UTC-5, Praveen Bhat wrote:

> Hello Bruce,
>
> Thanks for your quick reply.
>
> But I do not find any generic.html view file as I am using the Windows
> Webpy.

generic.html should be in /web2py/application/your_app/views (even in the
Windows distribution). Note, it includes the following code:

{{if request.is_local:}}
{{=response.toolbar()}}
{{pass}}

 So, the toolbar will appear only for local requests (i.e., on your
development machine), not once the app is deployed to production. In any
case, as Bruno mentioned, you should ultimately create your own
action-specific views rather than rely on the generic views (particularly
for HTML views).

Anthony