Hello,

I am working on a module for my current site that will make doing
internationalization easier for non-technical people. Primary reason the
current site will be translated into 5 different languages to start and the
people doing the translations are not very good with technology to some
extent.

If anyone is interested in having this once I am done let me know.

Features:
 1) Languages table in the database, which stores the language code and
language name
 2) When a new language is created, the app searches the languages
directory for a file with the language code as a name, if it isn't found it
creates the file
 3) A language parser/editor. When live translations is enabled, any text
on the website created with T("") gets a special javascript function.
   When clicking on the text a dialogue box opens with language selections
and the text for the selected language showing. The text showing is parsed
from the language file.
   When the text is updated the parser also updates the language file.
Unless it is English we would have to do something else so all other
language files are updated, still thinking on this one.
4) The dialogue would use ajax to load the text for the selected language.

1, 2, and 4 will be easy step 3 is going to be a little tricky when saving.

If anyone has any suggestions let me know.

Regards,
Bruce Wade
http://ca.linkedin.com/in/brucelwade
http://www.wadecybertech.com