Ross:

I'm planning a unicode patch and a better support to html rendering
using web2py helpers
They will not break compatibility.
If you want, you can sent me your changes, I could add it somewhere or
using as a base of a new reporting functions.

It would be great if you can fill an issue:

http://code.google.com/p/pyfpdf/

BTW, if you want, I can give you commit access.

Best regards

Mariano Reingart
http://www.sistemasagiles.com.ar
http://reingart.blogspot.com