> I have been reading further more and I found out that deploying Python
> applications with Apache might be a better idea than nginx due to its
> non-blocking nature and pythons, natural nature.

You don't have to stick with Apache. Nginx + uWSGI is another recommended
configuration: http://projects.unbit.it/uwsgi/wiki/RunOnNginx. web2py
includes a setup
script:
http://code.google.com/p/web2py/source/browse/scripts/setup-web2py-nginx-uwsgi-ubuntu.sh.

> Once you set up Apache to work with mod_wsgi, is it enough to upload files
> like in a PHP framework?

In web2py, individual files are not directly accessible by simply
specifying the filesystem path to the file in the URL, as with PHP, but I
assume you don't do that with PHP MVC frameworks either. However, if you
add a new file or add code to an existing file in web2py, the change will
be immediately available in your web2py app without having to restart the
server (e.g., if you add a new controller, you will immediately be able to
access that controller within the app).

> What do you do with the Administration section?

Note, the admin app is just a convenience and is not required to use web2py.

Anthony