> Ah, right, thanks. I missed it because I don't use the default layout.
>
> I do notice, however, that while the cache does appear to be working,
> Web2py is reporting the cache size as 0:
>
> Size of cache: *0* items, *0* bytes

Is it an older version of appadmin? In the current version, if you don't
have the Python guppy library installed, you should get the following:

Size of cache: not available (requires the Python guppy library)

> The performance seems really slow, though since it's only running through
> about 400 records total. I would expect that to return instantly. Here's
> the query as reported by Web2py:

Have you tried including response.toolbar() and checking "db stats" for the
query timings?

Anthony