On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 5:31 PM, pbreit <pbreitenb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I feel like if I'm going to try and learn model-less app development, it's
> time to re-evaluate other frameworks.

I do not agree, web2py has a lot of features, executed "models" and global
scope are not the only good feature of web2py, we can have a very great
experience with all the web2py API even working with other frameworks. i.e:
I am using DAL with Tkinter and there are people using template engine with
bottle and wxhtml.

Being self contained, having no need for configurations and the easy of
deployment + the best DAL, the best template engine, very great
documentation and a lot of helpers have *better value* than the executed
models approach.

If you think the only good thing in web2py is the "models" approach, I
think its time to re-evaluate web2py to see all the other good features it
has.

There are nothing strange or hard-to-learn in model less approach, it is
only object oriented programming and pure Python, I think experienced
web2py developers have to know Python O.O at some stage.

O.O, modules, Classes, Methods, Inheritance, Instances, Namespaces etc..
what is strange on this programming approach?

IMO: if you think that the use of modules is difficulty, it is time to
re-evaluate Python as a language.

BTW, It is always the time to evaluate other frameworks, you do not have to
rely in only one tool, web2py is great and for me is the best! but Pyramid
is also great, Django is great and Flask, Bottle etc.. all good frameworks,
It is very nice to give a try to everyone of them!

--

Bruno Rocha
[http://rochacbruno.com.br]