i would prefer to have DEV and Stable(production) branches (or labels) .

Due to 2-3 times of broken updates , i am reluctant to update my web2py to
latest version , until people reports less problems with that particular
update version.

I am seeing many Opensource software , both big and small having such
Stable / Unstable/ Development  branches/labels these day , i do not know
why web2py people are against it.