> I tried with form.validate() and also with form.process().accepted. Can
> you provide some sample code on how do I achieve the above ?
> I am already providing the name of the form while declaring it. How is it
> different from web2py generated _formname ?

Your original code simply set the "name" attribute of the HTML <form>
element (i.e., SQLFORM(..., _name=...)). However, that doesn't affect the
_formname hidden element. To set that, you have to set the "formname"
argument to the accepts() method (or process() or validate()).  Anyway, I'm
not sure you need to set your own formname -- web2py will automatically
generate a formname based on the db table name and type of form, so two
forms on the same page based on different tables will have different names
anyway.
See http://web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/7#Multiple-forms-per-page.

Anthony