Look at the define_tables method of the Auth class in /gluon/tools.py:
http://code.google.com/p/web2py/source/browse/gluon/tools.py#1299. I'm not
sure there's a good way to remove individual fields, but if you don't want
them, you can always set their readable and writable attributes to False,
so they won't appear in any forms (including registration and profile).

Anthony