Hi,

I try to make a function that puts periods of time into a database. The
 function should only add periods that doesn't overlap any of the already
registered ones.

But the function does not work, and I can't see what's wrong. Any idea?

Thanks in advance for help!

code from the controller file:
************
def addingperiod():
if request.args and request.args[0]:
item_id=request.args[0]
prerecords = db().select(db.period.ALL, orderby=db.period.begindate)
if not session.timedelta2==timedelta(days=0):
for prerecord in prerecords:
if prerecord.theauth==auth.user_id:
accepted1="true"
accepted2="true"
if previous.enddate:
if item_id.vars.begindate < previousenddate:
accepted1="false"
if item_id.vars.enddate < prerecord.begindate:
accepted2="false"
if item_id.vars.enddate < prerecord.enddate:
accepted2="false"
previousenddate = prerecord.enddate
if accepted1=="true":
if accepted2=="true":
period.append(item_id)
redirect(URL(c=request.controller,f='goal'))