> When you said '*an argument* of the verify_email_onaccept callback', you
> meant an argument of the callback function supplied to
> auth.settings.verify_email_onaccept
>
> , right? My understanding is that you provide a callback function to
> Web2py, which is going to be called upon the acceptance of verify_email
> action.
>
> More importantly, how did you figure out which type of argument (form vs.
> user here) the callback function would take? This sort of stuff is not
> covered anywhere in the manual, yet it is important to know! Thanks a lot.

Yes, the callback takes a single argument, and when web2py calls the
callback, it passes the user record as that argument. You're right, it
appears this is not documented (should be) -- I figured it out by looking
at the code:
http://code.google.com/p/web2py/source/browse/gluon/tools.py#2111. When you
think about it, though, it can't be a form, as there is no form involved in
the email verification process.

Anthony