Hi everyone,

I am fairly new to web2py and python programming, but have had some rather
wonderful success in the month or so I've been learning it.

I am now preparing to start a real project and want to have unit tests as I
go.  I've read a bit (will be doing more) about python unit testing
(doctests, unittest, nose, coverage, selenium), but I want to get some
expert advise before I fully dive in, if I may. So a few questions:

1. Do you use unit tests?
2. What tools do you use (doctests, unittest, nose, coverage, selenium,
mocker, or others)?
3. Do you use any of the test runners from the community? (
http://packages.python.org/web2py_utils/test_runner.html,<http://packages.python.org/web2py_utils/test_runner.html>http://www.web2pyslices.com/slices/take_slice/142,<http://www.web2pyslices.com/slices/take_slice/142>http://web2py.com/AlterEgo/default/show/260)

Which, if any, would you suggest using?

I'm mainly looking for some guidance about how to proceed, what to study
and the best manner you've found to do unit tests.  For example, it is
worth doing anything more than doctests in controllers? If so, what beyond
them should I learn to use, etc.

Thanks everyone.
Rod