Alright I've done some more investigating, I've backed out the changes I
made to my app over the last couple of days and it is related to the
migrate option.

On a clean database, (sqlite or postgresql) when call auth.define_tables
like this:

auth.define_tables(migrate='myprefix')

Then auth_cas does not get created.

If I go back to auth.define_tables(migrate=True)

Then it works and auth_cas is created.

Brad