Massimo,

"bootswatch.css" overwrites some css rules of "bootstrap.min.css" and
"web2py.css" to allow layout to comply with bootstrap twitter theme (and
consequently with bootswatch themes derived from it).

"bootswatch.css" is a web2py file like "web2py.css", therefore we can edit
it. Maybe we should change its name in "bootswatch4w2p.css" to remove any
doubt.
Having two file "bootswatch.css" and "web2py.css" is useful: if someone
doesn't like bootstrap and he want apply its own theme, he has only to
remove "bootstrap.min.css" and "bootswatch.css" to obtain basic web2py css
theme

Instead "bootstrap.min.css" (from twitter or from bootswatch) contains
bootstrap css theme.