Also, also, pbreit had recently put into light that selecting only the
columns you need help to improve speed...

db().select(db.table.field1, db.table.field2) # better than
db().select(db.table.ALL)

Richard

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 5:14 PM, Richard Vézina
<ml.richard.vez...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Also, your request should not be : db().select(db.voting_center) instead
> of db(db.voting_center).select()
>
> Richard
>

> On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 5:12 PM, Richard Vézina <
> ml.richard.vez...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> This is a old version, I would suggest to try you app under at least to
>> 1.99.4 and see if it improves.
>>
>> Richard
>>

>> On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 5:08 PM, Santiago <santiagogilab...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>>  Do you know why the same query, takes more than 40 minutes to get
>>> resolved using DAL and less than a second using raw SQL ?
>>>
>>> This is the code using DAL
>>>
>>> db(db.voting_center).select()
>>>
>>> This is the code using raw SQL
>>>
>>> db.executesql('SELECT  voting_center.id, voting_center.election,
>>> voting_center.full_id_indra, voting_center.latitude,
>>> voting_center.longitude, voting_center.geometry, voting_center.circuit,
>>> voting_center.name, voting_center.identification, voting_center.cue,
>>> voting_center.annex, voting_center.source, voting_center.external_id,
>>> voting_center.locality, voting_center.address, voting_center.provisional,
>>> voting_center.definitive FROM voting_center WHERE (voting_center.id >