I'm storing sessions on database for my app with no apparent problems
(1.99.7 stable).... for storing them in redis, currently there is no way
(sorry).
When I implemented cache in redis it seemed that I was the only one using a
redis stack along web2py...generally redis adoption is quite sparse in
web2py world, and the only implemented thing is the cache backend.
Anyway if there are demands in this sense, I could write something up, but
some changes to how sessions are handled in web2py (namely in
gluon.main.wsgibase) are needed.