Just checked, and I don't have this problem with stable. After a bit more
testing, it appears that routes turns on and off sporadically. For example,
if I set the default application to "examples", and hit refresh on the root
domain 10 times, sometimes the welcome application loads and sometimes
examples. I'll open an issue.