Hi web2pyers,

very often, I have a field in the table which has to hold a complicated
value (most often numpy arrays). The way I implement it is that I use
"text" as the type of field, and then simply pickle.dumps(my_value) when
I save the field, and then pickle.loads(value_from_db) to access the field
again.

My suggestion is simple - create field that automatically pickles the values
it gets and unpickles them on extraction. Is this already implemented?
Do you have other suggestions on how to implement this so that I won't need
to pickle every time I access the table?

Best wishes,
Omri