Good point about trunk. There are some features that I liked and got used
to, but nothing essential.

I'll try to summarize any relevant settings in the hope that someone can
spot something.

In 0.py I have:

settings.login_method = 'local'
settings.login_config = ''

in db.py:

auth = Auth(db, hmac_key=Auth.get_or_create_key())
crud, service, plugins = Crud(db), Service(), PluginManager()
auth.define_tables()
db.auth_user.last_name.requires = None
auth.settings.actions_disabled.append('register')
auth.settings.registration_requires_verification = False
auth.settings.registration_requires_approval = True
auth.settings.reset_password_requires_verification = False
auth.settings.login_next = URL("social_anxiety", "user_main")
auth.settings.logout_next = URL("default", "index")

and in default.py:

def index():
    session.forget(response)
    if auth.is_logged_in():
        redirect(URL(c='social_anxiety', f='user_main'))
    else:
        return dict()

def user():
    if request.args(0) == 'register':
        db.auth_user.first_name.comment = '(or an anonymous user name)'
    elif request.args(0) == 'profile':
        redirect(URL(c='default', f='user_profile'))

    return dict(form = auth())

and in layout.html to create the navbar:

    {{try:}}
        {{=auth.navbar(referrer_actions=None)}}
    {{except:pass}}

Anything stand out? In particular, anything that would apply one user's
session to another user on a different computer?

Now that I look at it, "session.forget" in application/default/index seems
like a bad idea. I put it in to see if I could speed up the main page and
kind of forgot about it... Just removed it.

Neil