Here is a possible cause of the problem although I am not sure.
There are two possible issues which may conspire to create this problem.

Issue #1
=======

There is a session file in the app you sent me called:

    unknown-c4571a37...

session files should be

    <ip>-.....

This means that one of the HEADERS http_x_forwarded_for or remote_addr has
a value "unknown".

A first google search retuned:
http://nixforums.org/about154671-Hacking-X-Forwarded-For.html
which opens the possibility the the web server, in your case nginx, is not
finding the client ip address (how is that possible) and setting it to
unknown. This should never happen. The client_addr is a required field for
WSGI.

This could be the result of a hacking attempt but it would required both
parties doing the hacking for the sessions to be mixed up.

Issue #2
=======

There is a bug with may prevent urandom from working:

http://community.webfaction.com/questions/9333/importerror-cannot-import-name-urandom
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10776797/error-when-importing-wsgihandler-with-django

Can you check if you can import urandom on your version of python on
webfaction?

It is therefore theoretically possible that, given the concurrency model of
nginx, if two users visit the site very close to each other, with urandom
missing, both declaring the same incorrect client ip (unknown), they get
assigned the same session id. This is because web2py has no way of
distinguishing the two users and lacks a proper random number generator.

TODO:

1) check if you can import urandom
2) try understand how it possible to have an "unkown" client_addr in the
http headers.

My google search returned nothing about 2. Has anybody ever seen this
before?
Please let us know.