Perhaps a coincidence, but:

User 1 - Accessed my site through a Facebook link on iPhone
User 2 - Accessed my site through a Facebook link on iPad

Does FB do anything strange with links to external sites that could cause
the request.client to be unknown? I've accessed my site through the FB link
using my Android mobile, and no noticeable problems.