Anthony's correct- this is in Auth, but is not being respected:
settings.password_min_length = 4

Massimo - "For security reason it will not be accepted for logging anyway."
- Not sure what you meant but it registered me and logged me in with an
empty pass.

I also tried inserting:
db.auth_user.password.requires.insert(0,IS_LENGTH(minsize=5))

in db.py and it hasn't fixed it. Bug report?

.