Thanks.

-1-
*>you might consider the IS_STRONG validator as well.
*. What a quick  and easy way to increase security of passwords, thanks for
tip.
  This is what I love about web2py.

 http://web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/7
Example:
requires = IS_STRONG(min=10, special=2, upper=2)
where
    min is minimum length of the value
    special is the minimum number of required special characters special
characters are any of the following !@#$%^&*(){}[]-+
    upper is the minimum number of upper case characters

-2-
*> Note, you shouldn't need :
*
db.auth_user.password.requires.insert(0,IS_LENGTH(minsize=8))

- I* removed it and tested*, work well without it, the post wasn't clear to
me if I need both,
  or just this one,

-3-
*>validators on login is that they leak password constraints to an attacker.
  (Of course, the registration form can be used to extract this information
as well, but still...)
*
- I think I understand, when you say "*leak*"--
     is it just a matter than anyone would *see* the message  on the
screen, ie. min 8 letters?
       or is there more of a  technical security leak you are referring to.

Thanks once again...

Rob