Is it possible that we add a "native bulk insert" function which is coded up in
each adapter.  Even bulk_insert is an odbc 1 row at a time-slow for big files.
I need to load huge files all the time and I am writing custom modules to do
this with a native loader.  Should this be a dal option?  Worth noting that
this type of operation is a batch, back end thing,  I wouldn't do this for a
end user web app.

I would expect that each DBMS needs different info to start a bulk load, so the
interface may be tricky, or just pass a dict and let the adapter work it out.
What do you think?