On Wednesday, August 29, 2012 12:14:24 PM UTC-4, lucas wrote:

> ok, that is fine for simple code execution, but what of the more complex?
> how does web2py execute all of that complex code we can embed within a
> view?  that is what i want to reproduce in my scheme.

exec code in environment

is not just for simple code -- the code string can be as long and complex
as you want. That's exactly what web2py does. In any case, I'm not quite
clear what you want to do, so not sure what would be an appropriate
solution. Can you be more explicit about what you are trying to achieve and
maybe show an example?

Anthony