web2py default IDs are integers.  we have some GAE users who are using
named keys....or at least i added support for named keys on GAE based on
some user's requests.

i don't have a generic solution for the DAL that chunks belongs queries in
groups of 30, so it is still left as something the user must do.  as i come
across spots in the web2py core that use belongs i've been making those
functions chunk in groups of 30 when the datastore is GAE.  i'm undecided
anyway if this should be automatic for users or if they should be forced to
realize that large belongs queries are implemented as multiple datastore
calls on GAE.

cfh