Yes, admin editor is one of the great aspects of web2py. It's important
that it's of the highest quality possible.

I tried reproducing with the same text as you have problems with but to no
avail. I first saved a couple of examples and reopened the file, but it
still works straight out of the box for me, and continues to work even if I
change the focus to outside of the editor, then to another window and back,
etc. etc., so I can't troubleshoot. Don't have an OSX machine near me I'm
afraid.

Regards,
Ales