Hi,

I'm interested in capturing all the inserts/updates and deletes -
Especially I want the auth_user performing these operations and the
timestamp(s) for the operations.
This will be useful in production setup to figure out who modified/deleted
specific record in case things go wrong.
(When I was using pylons+sqlalchemy in one of my earlier projects, I found
this functionality useful, and all I had to do was modify logging.conf)

I played around with logging - copied logging.example.conf to logging.conf,
then added following lines :

[loggers]

keys=root,rocket,markdown,web2py,*dal*,rewrite,cron,app,welcome

[logger_dal]

level=DEBUG

handlers=consoleHandler,rotatingFileHandler

qualname=web2py.dal

propagate=0

Then I restarted web2py. But I still don't see any DB transactions in the
log.

Further looking into gluon/dal.py - I realized that insert/update/delete()
do NOT have logger.debug statements - It is likely that is why I don't see
anything in the log/web2py.log

Any sugestions how I get the functionality ?

Thanks,
-Mandar