From: Alexey Proskuryakov [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 01, 2008 5:31 AM
To: Paul Pedriana
Cc: Justin Haygood; webkit-dev@lists.webkit.org
Subject: Re: [webkit-dev] [webkit-changes] [35474] trunk/JavaScriptCore

On Aug 1, 2008, at 12:49 PM, Paul Pedriana wrote:

> It would constitute a bit of code duplication if our Windows apps
> linked both EAThread and pthreads. Instead it would be better if we
> just made a small inline shim between the pthread interface and
> EAThread, so any pthreads calls would be just inline redirections to
> EAThread.

Well, I guess that in such case, there is little point in using
pthreads API, and you'd be better served with ThreadingEA.cpp?

All port authors who spoke prefer (to a different degree) their own
WebKit-specific threading implementations to using pthreads. Hard to
argue with that, even though I still dislike the idea for the reasons
stated earlier.

I think I'd like to eventually move Apple's Windows port from
ThreadingWin to ThreadingPthreads anyway, but that's a separate topic
for discussion.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov