On Mar 23, 2009, at 3:53 PM, Sergey V. Mikhanov wrote:

   Hi community,

I am developing an iPhone-optimized website and testing it on Safari 3.1.2 on Windows. For some elements in the website I am applying implicit animation using -webkit-transition style.

So basically, I have elements like this:

that sometimes are present in the document from the very beginning and sometimes are loaded from another document and injected in DOM.

In the first case animation happens as expected, however when divs are injected using JavaScript, -webkit-transition seems to be ignored (there's no animation).

Transitions are not run when elements are first added to the DOM; they only run when style properties change from one value to another value.

Moreover, in the Safari's inspector I could see this:

-webkit-transition: condensed 2s linear;

What does this "condensed" mean and how could I force usage of the style after injection?

This is a bug, and I believe has been since fixed. I recommend you test with a nightly build, or at least the Safari 4 beta.

Simon