On Apr 6, 2010, at 10:35 AM, Alexey Proskuryakov wrote:

On 06.04.2010, at 10:06, Adam Barth wrote:

I don't read webkit-changes, so I might not fully appreciate this use
case, but the way I know when things are rolled out is because we
reopen the bug and comment that patch was rolled out in a certain
revision.  If you like, we can put more information in the ChangeLogs
created by sheriffbot (such as the title of the original bug).

Yes, please do.

I'm definitely not the only one reading webkit-changes and ChangeLogs.

I agree that more informative revert ChangeLog entries would be useful. My preference would be to include the following:

- revision that was reverted
- bugzilla bug URL from the ChangeLog of the reverted commit (in a distinct format from how we'd provide it if it was the bug for the rollout change itself)
- summary text from the original revert

Something like:

- Reverted rNNNNN ("Rotate head 90 degrees clockwise")
<http://bugs.webkit.org/rollout-bug-num>

Reverted bug was: <http://bugs.webkit.org/bug-that-reverted>

What I am saying is that we should keep the bots
green, ideally by steadfastly refusing to regress tests.

There has never been any disagreement about this, as far as I can tell. What seems to be an object for frequent discussions is whether disabling tests is an effective measure for making WebKit more secure and stable.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov