On Dec 23, 2010, at 11:17 AM, Chris Marrin wrote:

> Is there any reason for it NOT to be unguarded?

If this was used in any unconditional feature we wouldn’t need this discussion.

Generally speaking we don’t want to put new DOM classes into WebKit that are
there to support new features if the features themselves are conditional.

Maybe in some cases DOM classes are either useful as features in their own
right or harmless. I think the argument in this case is that it’s harmless. I’m
not sure that having extra classes is completely harmless; for example they
might have security problems that would otherwise not be in a given version of
WebKit.

    -- Darin