On Apr 10, 2013, at 6:32 PM, Ryosuke Niwa <rn...@webkit.org> wrote:

> Can we rewrite CodeGenerator*.pm in Ruby or Python?  I feel that the current
> code is very hard to understand and hack on.  In particular we have
> CodeGenerator.pm and CodeGeneratorJS.pm (CodeGeneratorV8.pm has been
> removed), and we need to merge them anyway.

They can't be merged. We also have CodeGeneratorObjC.pm. (And internally we
have CodeGeneratorSafari.pm.)

> I've seen many people expressing their inability to improve the binding code
> because of its being written in Perl.

I've also seen people express their frustration for our tools currently written
in Ruby and Python. I personally find Perl fine for this task and don't see a
need to rewrite things just because.

— Timothy Hatcher