> On Sep 1, 2018, at 19:25, Darin Adler <da...@apple.com> wrote:
>
> I’ve long been interested in <https://include-what-you-use.org> and wondered
> whether we could use it, but it sort of does the opposite, and the “multiple
> platforms” problem could well make even that tool impractical for us.

I’ve spent a couple of weeks-of-code looking into IWYU. It didn't seem
practical for us. Our source code is not quite in the shape that IWYU desires
and getting it into that shape would take a lot of effort (your comment about
multiple platforms being an example of the issues I faced). And a trial of just
running WTF through IWYU didn’t show any progress towards my goal at the time,
which was to speed up builds by reducing the number of #includes. Keith
Miller’s approach with the Unified Sources was way more effective. Establishing
a goal of using IWYU to solve Simon’s problem is probably more trouble than
it’s worth, IMO.

— Keith