> 19 июня 2020 г., в 1:11 PM, Mark Lam <mark....@apple.com> написал(а):

>>> There doesn't exist a way to do this now, but it'd be trivial to add a way.
>>> I won't claim it fixes all stack traces differences, but I'd think
>>> compiling using "-fno-inline -fno-optimize-sibling-calls" would get us
>>> pretty far in crashing stack traces being similar enough.
>>
>> Sounds good.
>>
>> I think we should try to refine the proposal along these lines, to minimize
>> the downsides. I won’t speak for Simon, but for me, being able to ensure a
>> clear backtrace from a bot would be a big improvement.

>>> I believe Mark's proposal, initially, is just to make JSC do this. So I
>>> don't see the point of compiling WTF differently. JSC can kick off its own
>>> build, and run Debug+O3 tests faster than it can run Debug+O0 tests. Given
>>> people working on JSC want this, and people working on JSC defend these
>>> tests, and that these test results are more stable (see below), we should
>>> make this change for JSC.
>>>
>>> I was trying to convince folks defending non-JSC testing, that they too,
>>> should want this. I'm not going to pull teeth here. If folks want their
>>> tests to take ~10x longer to run, they're entitled to make that tradeoff.
>>
>> Got it.
>
> I'm of the same mind as Saam.  We want this change for the JSC bots, and from
> the time measurements I’ve collected, we can afford to do a clean build for
> the JSC Debug test runs using O3, and still come out way ahead.

This seems like a reasonable plan. You didn't mention what hardware you
measured with, but it seems certain to be beneficial on any current hardware.

I need to mention that we saw unexplained and very large impact on JSC test
speed from enabling/disabling TCSM. That may be a good thing to look into while
optimizing JSC test speed.

- Alexey

- Alexey