> On Jun 7, 2022, at 10:27, Olmstead, Don via webkit-dev
> <webkit-dev@lists.webkit.org> wrote:
>
> If we wanted to try any tooling around identifying when an include or forward
> declaration should be used we need a functioning non-unified build. We could
> try IWYU on the codebase,
> https://github.com/include-what-you-use/include-what-you-use , and see what
> happens.

I’ve been thinking about this, too. For Mac builds, we already have the
infrastructure to emit the compile database needed to run IWYU as a post-build
step. We could limit it to the files changed in a commit, which ought to be
very fast, and the verification would be higher-quality than a non-unified
builder since it’ll catch unused includes. In theory, we could run it during
local builds, too.

But any meaningful integration would require figuring out how to build and
deploy it reliably, which seems annoying since it requires libclang, and needs
to be rebuilt whenever we change compilers.