Hello WebKit developers! We are ramping up to do some serious work on Site
Isolation which includes putting cross-origin iframes in a different process
than the parent frame. Similar efforts have been done in other browser engines
and some related work has already been done in WebKit, but not enough.

This will do strange things to the InjectedBundle APIs, which have fundamental
assumptions that the whole DOM is in one process and that communication only
happens with one process at a time. We have never exposed InjectedBundle APIs
as public API, but some other distributors of WebKit have. As we make progress
on this project, we anticipate that anything in
Source/WebKit/WebProcess/InjectedBundle/API is subject to deprecation and
removal.  This will also allow us to tighten the sandbox on the web process,
resolve security and performance issues, and have cleaner code.

Would the maintainers of the GTK and WPE APIs be willing to assist in migrating
from those APIs and designing replacements in the UI process?

Alex Christensen