> On Sep 19, 2022, at 2:58 PM, Michael Catanzaro via webkit-dev
> <webkit-dev@lists.webkit.org> wrote:
>
> Why not double-down on the GitHub wiki? It's very easy to learn to use, and
> there are edit buttons everywhere so there is no "distance" between the docs
> and the ability to edit them. The easier it is to edit docs, the better we'll
> do at keeping them up to date.

One drawback of wiki is that changes won’t be code reviewed. I find that the
much of the existing WebKit documentations are filled with outdated,
inaccurate, and/or incomplete information, and a part of the reason is because
no formal review is done unlike our code. At least in my experience working on
https://github.com/WebKit/WebKit/blob/main/Introduction.md
<https://github.com/WebKit/WebKit/blob/main/Introduction.md>, I find that code
review to be generally helpful.

> I like Markdown, and am OK with editing Markdown files wherever they live,
> but it's not very likely that I would install Swift and figure out how to
> build a new project to to see what the result looks like. With GitHub, we can
> easily preview results live to ensure we're not messing anything up.

I totally agree. In order for this new documentation effort to be successful,
contribution needs be as simple & straight forward as possible.

- R. Niwa