> On Jan 23, 2023, at 11:05 AM, Geoffrey Garen <gga...@apple.com> wrote:
>
>>> However, this change requires moving class-scoped enums out into the
>>> namespace scope.
>>
>> Seems worthwhile. Doesn’t seem to me like it would have far reaching effects.
>
> I agree.
>
>> +    using Type = DOMAudioSessionType;
>
> Did you do this to make the patch smaller, or do you prefer this style?

Yes to both. IMO, there’s nothing inherently wrong with having an enum scoped
to a class apart from that makes it impossible to forward declare. If there was
some language supported mechanism to forward-declare class-scoped enums, we’d
probably just do that instead. So, this pattern of declaring the enum outside
of a class and pulling it into the class with a using declaration is a bit
ugly, insofar as it pollutes the global namespace, but it does allow you to
continue to use the type as if it were file scoped.

-Jer