Hi Chuck and all other responders,

Am 26.10.2005 17:06 Uhr schrieb "Chuck Hill" unter
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On Oct 26, 2005, at 5:13 AM, Wolfram Stebel wrote:
As a result of all mails, i removed JMS and ERChangeNotification very fast
from my project.

>> But thats a minor reason!
>
> See David's comment, "If you ever use a lot of instances it will slow
> down everything".  This might not be the best way to get you where
> you want to go.

JMS was announced to be fast...

>> 2. I have 3 Applications working on the same database, i.e. they might
>> change the same data entries concurrently.
>
> So deal with it.  This framework will _not_ eliminate the need to
> handle concurrent editing issues.  It will just _reduce_ the
> frequency of occurrence.  ChangeNotification framework or not, you
> still have to code for these.

I have one critical point in the moment, which i reprogrammed now. I thougt
of a general and final solution, but it seems to be a little, eeeeh,
optimistic (locking)...

>> locations. When those change, the customer needs direct feedback of
>> the
>> change.
>
> What does direct feedback mean?  They need a message to popup?  An e-
> mail?  Or just that they need to see fresh data.
Data should be updated in the second application, so that a refresh in the
browser will reflect the change...
For now i have to re-login, thats semi-optimal.

>> 3. I asked on this list how to handle this issue, and i was told to
>> do what
>> i'm now implementing.
>>
>> So, what other tips do you have?
>>

> 1. Implement code to handle optimistic locking failures
So, why turn optimistic locking into pessimistic?

> 2. Determine the data freshness requirements and implement refreshing
> fetches and new EC creation to meet those needs.
Normaly i (re)fetch depending on current application state, but some basic
data like a logged in client and person...

Thanks to all of you.

Wolfram