Hi WOList,

I am relatively new to WebObjects (and Java for that matter).

I am trying to create a reusable component that is essentially a WOPopUpButton with a custom fetch that generates the list attribute. That part is working. When I put this component in a page, it will be used to edit a relationship attribute of the Object the page is displaying. I am not using WOToOneRelationship because of the custom fetch logic.

I have two problems. . .

1) I have the Object on an EditObject page, and I want to tell the Custom Pop-up Component to "select" the current value that is part of that Object (see option 3 below).

<select>
  <option value="1">A Value</option>
  <option value="2">A Value</option>
  <option value="3" selected="selected">My Object's Value</option>
  <option value="4">A Value</option>
</select>

I have no idea how to get WO to put selected="selected" on correct list option.

2) Since it is a custom object and has no default bindings, I don't how or what to hook it to on my EditObject page so that the Object will get the user selected value when I save it.

I have preformed due diligence trying to find my own answer, but all the info I could find either didn't seem to apply, or I just didn't understand it. Any and all help is appreciated.

Scott