And just to prove that there is no one, right answer.  :-)

If I know that I will be fetching only on a single subclass then I will keep these in separate tables. If I will be fetching further up the inheritance hierarchy (i.e. fetches will return multiple subclasses), then I keep it all in one table for performance reasons. I don't really care if the data is the same or not.

It is worth noting that regardless of what you choose that the resulting Java classes are the same (give or take the appearance of an entity qualifier). This is an optimization / database design decision, not an application design one.

Chuck