Can't say I have nailed this one down ... it has occurred in two different cases (in the same entity, incidentally).  According to the snapshot, the value of the attribute is null, yet according to EOF it's not (empty string perhaps?), I would suggest looking at your EOModel to see where EOF could get confused between a null and an empty value for that attribute.

I can't say much more about it; haven't fully understood this one myself.

Jonny