David,

[Disclaimer: Following is a fun weekend rant, skip it if you are not
in the mood for it]

Of course they do. But for how long?

Welcome to the World of WebObjects. You just learned rule 1.  There
are only 3 rules in total.

1# Apple, the creator, will no let the Community see its Crystal Ball

2# Apple will not market WebObjects the way the Community hoped for

3# The Community will b*tch and whine about 1# and 2# from time to
time against the creator in ritualized message postings - but stick
with the tool and defend its objective superiority against
non-believers.

An outsider could say this has symptons of a grandscale masochistic
(software) experiment written all over it, but will get  like it after
you get accustomed to it.

Welcome :)

PS: Actually, I wanted to post the funniest post I ever saw on the WO
list in years that contained WO features like auto-rant, D2 Swiss bank
account feature...does anyone remember that post ? I couldn't find it,
must have been 2-3 years ago on this or the Omni list...it was
hilarious.

Marc