Just recently integrated

http://www.instantservice.com/

live chat solution into a WebObjects application.

Clicking on a live chat button in the header opens a chat frame at the bottom of the window where contact information (first name, last name) is auto-populated based on the the user logged in to the session. User can type in a question and then click on a "start chat" button to initiate the chat in that same frame. At the end of the chat, the bottom chat frame collapses.

This type of integration allows the user to chat and use the application at the same time, making it easy for a live chat agent to walk the customer through a particular flow.

Email me offline if you'd like more information on their solution or how we integrated with it.

-shehryar