On 7 Sep 2006, at 00:28, Gilles MATHURIN wrote:

Is there a way to obtain programmaticaly the name of the server in order to put it in a ivar ?

Example : "http://g-five.local/cgi-bin/Webobjects/WOapp.woa";

i'd like to be able to have the "g-five.local" part in a programmatic way, in that way my method and component would be more reusable…

No, in an absolute sense. Remember, your app is running on an application server, which may not be the same as the web server that the app is accessed through. There are two (or more) ways to get around this:

- I normally provide the host name for the site as a parameter in Properties.

- you could also extract it from the WORequest object, one of the headers should have the value; I don't use this, so I hope someone else can advise.