Recursive stateless components should work just fine, I use them all the time. In the stateless side, each time it needs an instance of the component if there isn't an instance available to service the need, it will create a new instance for the pool. Its possible that 1 instance will only ever be created if multiple threads don't need an instance at the same time, its also possible to have n instances where n is the number of threads, and in the recursion case it could even get up to n*max recursion depth.

-Ryan