Ken,

I've recently deployed some of our applications across a set of Linux systems in a three tier config web, application server and database. Standard Dell hardware, and I used CentOS 4.4 as the operating system, with Apache 2.2 and MySQL 5. I used the instructions on the Wikibook for deployment onto FreeBSD, as the Linux install instructions only seems to cover 5.2. I used the Apache 2.2 adaptor from Wonder.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Programming:WebObjects/Web_Applications/ Deployment/FreeBSD_WO5.3

It was all surprisingly quick and painless. The only points that took a little bit of time were:

- Apache 2.2 and MySQL 5.0.37 are not immediately available in the default packages for CentOS, but a little bit of Googling found an alternative source for those - I had a few challenges with collecting the right frameworks and so on for the install from my development machine (OS X client) - probably because I have the accumulated crud of ages on there. Basing the install on OS X Server worked really well.

Best regards,

-- Steve