WO Dev wrote:
Hi,

I'm not sure my subject is understandable, anyway.
Assuming I have an object "x", I'm manipulating it in an editing context. At a certain point I need to get the original object (the one from the database) but without changing anything to the one in my editing context.

How could I do that?

I need the object in its globality, so if I can get the object directly and not a dictionary of its values it's better:)

You can answer "bla bla project wonder":) but please point me to the correct method as I didn't find it for now;)

one of the possible ways of doing that is to make object.snapshot() before changing it and after some time create new editing context , fetch the object into it and then do objectInTheNewEditingContext.updateFromSnapshot()

changes would be made to the objectInTheNewEditingContext only

--
Cyryl Plotnicki-Chudyk
Software Developer

District Court for Wroclaw-Fabryczna